Answered

using Alexa in different room

• 4 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi all,

I currently have a Playbar setup on my main floor with surround they does not include microphones or alexa.

I am planning a surround Arc setup in my basement that will support alexa. Once that is set up, will it be possible for the following?

1. Ask Alexa to “play music on main floor” and have the alexa from the basement Arc send the command to the Playbar system?
  2. if yes, will I be able to use an Alexa device on my main floor, an echo dot, to command the Arc to command the Playbar to play music?

or is that too far fetched?!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 4 January 2021, 02:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes to both questions. With Alexa integration, you can tell Alexa to play music to any Sonos speaker in your house.

Badge

So all I need is a single alexa enabled speaker, in this case the Arc in the basement, and then I can use it to command “play music on main floor” and the echo dot on my main floor will signal the basement Arc, which will then signal the main floor Playbar that otherwise cannot accept an alexa command?

That is amazing!

So all I need is a single alexa enabled speaker, in this case the Arc in the basement, and then I can use it to command “play music on main floor” and the echo dot on my main floor will signal the basement Arc, which will then signal the main floor Playbar that otherwise cannot accept an alexa command?

That is amazing!

As long as you are in a supported country, the echo dot on your main floor can play music to your Sonos Playbar now - it doesn’t need the Arc - it just needs you to install the Sonos ‘skill’ in the Amazon Alexa App...the ‘skill’ supports many streaming music services, like Amazon Music, Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music etc.

You can read more here: 

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3514