Question

Update not working on any devices (iMac, iPhone, iPad)

• 14 November 2017
  • 19 replies

Got the new Sonos One and attempted to add to system. I have app 8.1.1 on all devices. After connecting to my system, the app said I need an update. Continuous recycling through that process.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

Yeah I'm having the same problem. It must be a glitch in their system today
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Try connecting your device via Ethernet cable to router
I bought today my first Sonos Play 1, two of them actually.
Downloaded the app.
Registered an account, And now keeps turning in circles with an app that needs to be updated, although already the latest version.

Well spent 450€... 😞
Same problem, two new play one, playbar and one sub today, nothing works with the app??? New update please.
I have the same problem where I have updated to 8.1.1 but every time I open the app it is an infinite loop of trying to take me back to the app store to update even though I am updated.

Diagnostic #8081889
Badge
Same here... Is it really that difficult for them to figure out how to check on if the app is running the latest software?? This is bush league.
same problem brand new out of the box and can’t use my new system not a good start sonos please help asap
Badge
I see a HomePod in my future...
Just updated to 8.2 a few minutes ago.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys, 8.2 is coming out right now, but it's not available in all app stores just yet. Each store has to go through an approval process before an app is "live". The Apple store is still pending right now, but other devices should be fine. It should be too much longer.
Badge
When will it come to apple store do u think?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
When will it come to apple store do u think?
Soon.

It should have been live already. The team is working on it right now to see what's going on.
Just downloaded 8.2 but still getting the updated app loop 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Just downloaded 8.2 but still getting the updated app loop :(
Can you double check in the Sonos App under Settings > About Sonos that everything is running 8.2? That includes all of your Sonos devices and controllers.
Badge
What is amazon account? I need to log in on that. Never heard of it before
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
What is amazon account? I need to log in on that. Never heard of it before
Are you setting up a Sonos One? The Sonos One has Amazon Alexa built in, so you need to also set up an Amazon account to link it with. You could skip that step, but you wouldn't be able to use Alexa's voice control. Check out this thread for some more detailed instructions.
Same problem, two new play one, playbar and one sub today, nothing works with the app??? New update please.Update late getting into the app stores. Should have bought one Play 1 and one Sonos One with Alexa built in.
Many of us are in the same boat of the update loop where an update is required to do anything including reconnecting existing speakers and music sources (unacceptable) while that update remains unavailable in the app store. We should never be in this limbo again. Sonos finally explained the reason for the loop as, "A Sonos update has been released but is not yet available in your app store. Please wait and try again later.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Many of us are in the same boat of the update loop where an update is required to do anything including reconnecting existing speakers and music sources (unacceptable) while that update remains unavailable in the app store. We should never be in this limbo again. Sonos finally explained the reason for the loop as, "A Sonos update has been released but is not yet available in your app store. Please wait and try again later.

It's available now in all stores. You should be able to update any of your controllers, but if one is still in a loop, try uninstalling it and downloading it anew.