Two Sonos systems in two homes, but Alexa doesn't understand

• 20 February 2021
  • 2 replies

I have two homes and two Sonos systems in each. In my first home, Alexa cooperates nicely and will allow me to control my speakers. But in the second home, Alexa is mute. Are there ways to set this up so that each works independently of one-another? thanks, Alan

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

There are two constraints to be considered here:

1/ A Sonos account is location or network subset specific;

2/ The relationship between an Amazon and Sonos account must be 1:1

In your situation, therefore you will need to create two unique Amazon and Sonos accounts and then link each unique pair to each location.

Sonos really needs to fix this ASAP. The disable / enable Alexa skill fix was acceptable before the Move and Roam were released. Now that they have products that are specifically designed to jump across WiFi networks, it is unacceptable that their Alexa implementation is not. The oddest part about this bug / capability lacking, is Alexa works fine on the speakers when on a foreign network for everything aside from music control.