Answered

Switch to TV works... but the opposite? And if I want to do it from the app?

• 19 May 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi, I never found an option hidden in such a way.

After I switch to TV, how can I switch back to the other mode… the one that allows me to AirPlay even if the TV is OFF?

And where are alle these options from the app? I can’t find them or any how to for such a simply feature.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by John B 20 May 2020, 00:10

If you want to play internet radio, or a streaming service like Apple music or tracks stored on a NAS, tap Browse in the Sonos app and pick your source.

If you are using Airplay, the Sonos app is irrelevant. You just need to select your Beam as the Airplay target in whatever device is playing the music.

View original

5 replies

Hi.  You don’t use the Sonos app to Airplay.

No, I Airplay from Music (former iTunes) Macos.

Sorry, I thought your problem was how to play Airplay.

To play other sources just tap Browse or Search on the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen.

So this happens:

• I play music air playing to Sonos
  • Then I stream a YouTube video to the TV
  • Then if I try again to play music I have to switch to Apple TV or I have no other way to tell Sonos to switch back to the previous source

When you say “At the bottom of the screen”, do you refer to the Sonos app on iOS?

If you want to play internet radio, or a streaming service like Apple music or tracks stored on a NAS, tap Browse in the Sonos app and pick your source.

If you are using Airplay, the Sonos app is irrelevant. You just need to select your Beam as the Airplay target in whatever device is playing the music.