Answered

Stops after one song

• 5 October 2017
  • 41 replies

Updated my Play 5 and link to Alexa dot but will only play one song, even after forgetting all devices, still only one song?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 17 October 2017, 00:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

41 replies

Badge +1
I'm having same issue. Play 5 connected to Echo Dot. Pandora stops after one song if I start the music using Alexa. If I use the app or computer, it plays fine. Already Disabled - Enabled. Already logged out of Alexa after disabling. Powered down Play 5. Reenabled skill. Still not working. Diagnostic number is: 630938050
I am having issues as well I have two diagnostics codes 8477904 and 8477906
Badge
This problem suddenly occurred with my Alexa /Sonos setup after weeks or working perfectly. I resolved it by disabling the Sonos skill, then closing the Alexa and Sonos apps (in fact I closed every app my phone was using), then restarting the Alexa app, enabling the Sonos skill and rediscovering devices. All worked fine after that.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Mine is TuneIn, iHeartRadio and Pandora. Works fine from the app, just not via Alexa
I'm having the same issue. This is very frustrating. The issue appears to be tied to Amazon Music, Spotify as default seems to work fine
Userlevel 2
Badge
Just exchanged at Best Buy and the same thing happens. What can we expect some feedback on this?
Userlevel 2
Badge
I got it working. Actually went into the Alexa app and deregistered the Sonos devices. That in conjunction with disabling and reenabling the skill finally got it working.

Not for me. Completely removed all Sonos apps, Alexa skill, deregistered on Amazon, etc. Not only does it play one song and stop, asking "Alexa, play shuffled station on Pandora" returns the right info but it never plays anything. The only way I get it to work is thru the sonos app on iOS. I'll try a return at best buy once more, then I'm done.
Having same issue, will stop playing after 1 or a couple of songs. Using Pandora. Unhooked my Alexa. Random and can't seem to figure out any specific pattern. Losing steam with Sonos. Sigh.

Submitted diagnostic 8196326
Same issue. Started after hooking up Sonos 1 into preesnblishes Sonos system of 7 speakers working flawlessly for years. Submitted diagnostics 8137443
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
p140748 & jhunder: Thank you for the diagnostic reports. If none of the above solutions have helped you I would recommend giving our technicians on the phone a call to troubleshoot this in real time. Our contact information can be found here. Much appreciated.
I am new to Sonos. I only play one or two songs from Amazon and it stops. Pandora does the same thing. My diagnostic number is 8106994. Please help. I tried disabling the skill, redoing it, rebooting the phone with Sonos app on it (which was actually necessary at one point in the setup to allow Sonos to sign in to my Amazon account), etc. Nothing has fixed it.

Thanks for helping,

Joe
I am having the same problem. my diagnostics confirmation number is 8105880
Finally got it working. Disabling skill did not work for me . I had to rename my alexa . I removed my initials from the start of the name which I think is the default . So now just called alexa. Now sonos integration working well. There was no similar device name but it didnt like the multiple words and letters I guess
I got it working. Actually went into the Alexa app and deregistered the Sonos devices. That in conjunction with disabling and reenabling the skill finally got it working.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Mark T.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. If you are still having problems after removing the skill and re-enabling the Sonos skill in the Alexa app, I'd invite you to give our technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. Our contact information can be found here: www.sonos.com/contact - We are currently collecting information regarding issues like this. Thanks again for your patience.
I'm having similar issues. Sonos stops playing from Amazon Music after 1 or occasionally 2 songs.
I'm using the Alexa Skill and issuing the command to an Amazon Echo.
It does it with Amazon Music Unlimited or Pandora. Interestingly if I issue the command to play a radio station from TuneIn - that's stays up. Must be a constant stream..

If I use the SONOS app on my iPhone to just play the music service - all works fine.

I've tried disabling, enabling, skills - multiple times - no workee

Diagnostic: 8016070
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
HAD, the same problem.

Was on the phone with Tech yesterday for about a half hour. Here’s how we fixed it:

1. Open your Alexa app
2. Go to Skills, Open the Sonos skill and disable it.
3. Once Skill is disabled, re-enable it and follow the steps to hook up to your Sonos account.

Should start working again as designed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks, jakobjul. I noticed you have a couple other music services. Does this only happen with Amazon Music or do you experience this on Apple Music or Deezer? We may need to start collecting screenshots of the complete Groups and Devices list in the Alexa app to get to our Senior Technicians. If so, would you mind sending me a PM and I'll go over what exactly we need?
Hi Keith,
I followed the steps you proposed to others, meaning disabling, enabling and re-discover. Alexa runs in German and Sonos in English.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, jakobjul: Thanks for the diagnostic report and for reaching out to the Community. Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the Sonos skill in the Alexa app? We have had many customers report that this should get things back working as intended. Let me know if you find this helpful.
I'm having similar issues. Sonos stops playing from Amazon Music after 1 or 2 songs. It seems it doesn't matter whether I start playing via Alexa (Echo Dot) or via the Sonos App for iPhone. I initiated Amazon Music via Alexa, but when the music stops after one or two songs, I went to the Sonos App and pushed next, and then Sonos played another 1 or 2 songs before stopping. As someone else noted somewhere, In the Alexa Web app it seems that the music continues to play, and if I push next music comes out of the chosen Sonos loudspeaker.

Diagnostic no.: 7988323

Looking forward to a solution.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for the diagnostic and your patience with this, mw2252. At this point, we want to gather more information to get this escalated up to our senior technicians. I'll send you a PM in a moment with some of the details we will need to build the ticket.
7972271 here are the new diagnostics . I understand disabling vs closing the app. I have disabled it again and can confirm the glitches are still present. Alexa will play music on a speaker but wont stop the playback as she thinks it is a camera device on that command and will only play one song and therefore will not skip to the next track either. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi. Yes I have disabled and re enabled the app. And I have turned it all on and off. The issue is with amazon music . Im not sure what pandora is? Tune in plays continuously but again will not stop on command through alexa.
We want to verify that we are disabling and enabling the Sonos skill in the Alexa app and not simply closing the app and re-opening it. Since re-enabling the skill, have you rediscovered your devices? At times after re-enabling the skill, the speakers will need to be re-discovered in the Alexa app in order to be found.

Since you have disabled and re-enabled the skill, please replicate the problem and send us another diagnostic to take a look at the errors coming up. We need to see if the errors given internally are the same. Much appreciated.
Hi. Yes I have disabled and re enabled the app. And I have turned it all on and off. The issue is with amazon music . Im not sure what pandora is? Tune in plays continuously but again will not stop on command through alexa.