Answered

Stops after one song

• 5 October 2017
  • 41 replies

Updated my Play 5 and link to Alexa dot but will only play one song, even after forgetting all devices, still only one song?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 17 October 2017, 00:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

41 replies

I'm having similar issues. Sonos stops playing from Amazon Music after 1 or occasionally 2 songs.
I'm using the Alexa Skill and issuing the command to an Amazon Echo.
It does it with Amazon Music Unlimited or Pandora. Interestingly if I issue the command to play a radio station from TuneIn - that's stays up. Must be a constant stream..

If I use the SONOS app on my iPhone to just play the music service - all works fine.

I've tried disabling, enabling, skills - multiple times - no workee

Diagnostic: 8016070
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Mark T.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. If you are still having problems after removing the skill and re-enabling the Sonos skill in the Alexa app, I'd invite you to give our technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. Our contact information can be found here: www.sonos.com/contact - We are currently collecting information regarding issues like this. Thanks again for your patience.
I got it working. Actually went into the Alexa app and deregistered the Sonos devices. That in conjunction with disabling and reenabling the skill finally got it working.
Finally got it working. Disabling skill did not work for me . I had to rename my alexa . I removed my initials from the start of the name which I think is the default . So now just called alexa. Now sonos integration working well. There was no similar device name but it didnt like the multiple words and letters I guess
I am having the same problem. my diagnostics confirmation number is 8105880
I am new to Sonos. I only play one or two songs from Amazon and it stops. Pandora does the same thing. My diagnostic number is 8106994. Please help. I tried disabling the skill, redoing it, rebooting the phone with Sonos app on it (which was actually necessary at one point in the setup to allow Sonos to sign in to my Amazon account), etc. Nothing has fixed it.

Thanks for helping,

Joe
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
p140748 & jhunder: Thank you for the diagnostic reports. If none of the above solutions have helped you I would recommend giving our technicians on the phone a call to troubleshoot this in real time. Our contact information can be found here. Much appreciated.
Same issue. Started after hooking up Sonos 1 into preesnblishes Sonos system of 7 speakers working flawlessly for years. Submitted diagnostics 8137443
Having same issue, will stop playing after 1 or a couple of songs. Using Pandora. Unhooked my Alexa. Random and can't seem to figure out any specific pattern. Losing steam with Sonos. Sigh.

Submitted diagnostic 8196326
Userlevel 2
Badge
I got it working. Actually went into the Alexa app and deregistered the Sonos devices. That in conjunction with disabling and reenabling the skill finally got it working.

Not for me. Completely removed all Sonos apps, Alexa skill, deregistered on Amazon, etc. Not only does it play one song and stop, asking "Alexa, play shuffled station on Pandora" returns the right info but it never plays anything. The only way I get it to work is thru the sonos app on iOS. I'll try a return at best buy once more, then I'm done.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Just exchanged at Best Buy and the same thing happens. What can we expect some feedback on this?
I'm having the same issue. This is very frustrating. The issue appears to be tied to Amazon Music, Spotify as default seems to work fine
Userlevel 2
Badge
Mine is TuneIn, iHeartRadio and Pandora. Works fine from the app, just not via Alexa
Badge
This problem suddenly occurred with my Alexa /Sonos setup after weeks or working perfectly. I resolved it by disabling the Sonos skill, then closing the Alexa and Sonos apps (in fact I closed every app my phone was using), then restarting the Alexa app, enabling the Sonos skill and rediscovering devices. All worked fine after that.
I am having issues as well I have two diagnostics codes 8477904 and 8477906
Badge +1
I'm having same issue. Play 5 connected to Echo Dot. Pandora stops after one song if I start the music using Alexa. If I use the app or computer, it plays fine. Already Disabled - Enabled. Already logged out of Alexa after disabling. Powered down Play 5. Reenabled skill. Still not working. Diagnostic number is: 630938050