Question

Stop / Mute Command not working with Alexa

• 1 December 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge
When I say "Alexa, mute [room name]," the volume goes down for about 2 seconds, then switches back to full volume.

Same result if I say "Alexa, stop [room name]."

It won't maintain the command more than a fleeting moment. Is my syntax wrong? Anyone have a solution?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I have the same problem. My dot is connected to a JBL speaker via AUX. I can ask it to play to my Play 5, no problem, but commanding it to stop the music doesn't work. I manually stop the music on my Play 5 and somehow that causes my dot to malfunction. My subsequent commands seem to be heard by the dot as the light shows "processing" and it actually follows my command (example: play another song onto the Play 5) but i don't hear Alexa talking anymore on my JBL. I always end up restarting my dot and that fixes it. But this loop keeps happening.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
When I say "Alexa, mute [room name]," the volume goes down for about 2 seconds, then switches back to full volume.

Same result if I say "Alexa, stop [room name]."

It won't maintain the command more than a fleeting moment. Is my syntax wrong? Anyone have a solution?

I just use the syntax 'Alexa, stop' followed by 'Alexa, resume', also 'Alexa, stop Sonos' also works.