Question

Start up music with alexa

When i ask alexa to play music it does so but TOO loud . so loud it is impossible to give alexa any commands as she cant here it and even when i do manage the decrease are so small it is ineffectual. 

I have seen this topic before but no answer so lets list the wrong answers first

1.0 Use the Alexa music up and down commands. Misses the point i do not want to be blasted with music when i start to play it . I want iy at a low level i can then control.

2.0 Use whisper functions.. Only works for alexa commands

SO i want either a default setting that is loud enough to hear the music that i can then adjust or a second question when i start to play the music that asks at what volume.

At the moment it makes the alexa music app interesting but  useless

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @Workinlate.

Thanks for reaching out and bringing this out to our attention.

I appreciate your detailed post outlining this concern.

The volume of Amazon Alexa is directly tied to the volume of the speaker.

For example, if you turn down the Sonos volume, the volume of Alexa should go down as well.

At the moment, there is not a way to control the volume of Alexa separate from the volume of the speaker.

I'll make sure your voice is heard with the team.

Please let me know if you have additional concerns. I'm happy to send them up for you.

I use sound bar and two speakers that I use wit my TV and for music. Doesn't matter how low I have the TV via my Sonos set up Alexa music just blasts it out . I can only really control sound  from the Sonos app and that is of course after the music starts playing. Of course I could adjust the speaker volume via the app before I ask Alexa but sort of defeats the objext