Answered

Sorry, I’m having trouble understanding right now!

• 25 December 2018
  • 37 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
  • Prominent Collaborator II
  • 113 replies
None of my Ones are working with Alexa today. They can stream using the Sonos app. Other Echo devices are working with Alexa. Anyone else having this?
icon

Best answer by DarrenTurner 25 December 2018, 13:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

37 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
My Sonos One still having problems since christmas 😠, well disappointed ...

Hi

There was an Amazon Alexa outage that affected most of Europe but should be resolved now. If you are still experiencing the problem, I suggest that you Disable then Enable the Sonos Skill in the Alexa App.

If the problem persists please follow these steps:

This may be down to duplicate IP Addresses. Can you please power down the following devices for 5 secs, allowing each to complete its boot cycle before proceeding to the next device:

- Router
- Any Network wired switch
- Any wired Sonos devices
- All other Sonos devices
- All other attached network devices

If this fixes the problem, I suggest you open the Settings page on your Router and reserve IP addresses for your Sonos devices - I personally use the range 192.168.0.240 and above for my Sonos devices.
My Sonos One still having problems since christmas 😠, well disappointed ...
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Alexa now working fine with my Sonos Beam. I haven't seen any explanation, so far. Unlikely you will, from Sonos or Amazon.
Alexa now working fine with my Sonos Beam. I haven't seen any explanation, so far.
my echo dot is working again now must have been their servers down
How can that be the case. Would that not affect all devices connecting or would that would be specific to an area or region. Not specific to Sonos. I have just checked and all my web services are running OK. An internet search would have brought up many more instances rather than just some Sonos devices.
Alexa ist part of AWS, also is the 'Sonos Cloud'.

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-sonos-how-it-works-6791310
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1063601/Amazon-Echo-not-working-error-Alexa-connection-problem/amp
Well all 3 of my Sonos ones are working just fine and have been all day. My amazon Dot I got today was having a problem earlier, but that’s now working fine too. I suspect the Amazon servers are being hammered at present, and I also suspect that they prioritise their devices over third party ones.
Well, yes. It's a partially network outage at Amazon Web Services.[/quote]

How can that be the case. Would that not affect all devices connecting or would that would be specific to an area or region. Not specific to Sonos. I have just checked and all my web services are running OK. An internet search would have brought up many more instances rather than just some Sonos devices.
Is there anything i can do i have reset my dot twice now and its still happening
Just waiting till the outage is resolved.
Back now - Sonos again working with Alexa
Is there anything i can do i have reset my dot twice now and its still happening
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hello I just got my first Alexa over here in Ireland this morning for Christmas and it was working all morning until recently now it is saying "sorry i'm having trouble understanding" ect. and it wont even respond anymore to me, is this just an amazon service problem which they can fix I think it's definitely a Sonos problem - all my Echos and Dots are working fine.
Hello I just got my first Alexa over here in Ireland this morning for Christmas and it was working all morning until recently now it is saying "sorry i'm having trouble understanding" ect. and it wont even respond anymore to me, is this just an amazon service problem which they can fix
I have been happily streaming music to the speaker using my Echo so not a problem for Amazon services. So it is specifically related to Sonos. Noted when searching that they had a similar problem this time last year.
Well, yes. It's a partially network outage at Amazon Web Services.
I have been happily streaming music to the speaker using my Echo so not a problem for Amazon services. So it is specifically related to Sonos. Noted when searching that they had a similar problem this time last year.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
It worked on one of my Ones for a few minutes but has stopped again.
Same here from Spain. My Sonos One was working with Alexa until last night. Today switched to English and only says "sorry, I am having problems..."
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
One Sonos one and two beams having this issue today. In the UK. Glad I found this thread will wait for someone to fix rather than me spend hours resetting the system to find it wasn’t me in the first place!!
Yep my 2 boys are far from impressed that their Christmas presents are sat there not responding. Oh well, first world problems I spose.
Badge
Ttiming not good as others have said and a shame. Look forward to some regular updates to manage expectations for what I suspect may be a somewhat larger incident than the status currently suggests ie. degraded perfornance.
Same problem here. There will no doubt be lots of new alexa being set up so probably overoading this systems temporarily and will be back up and running soon. No biggy!
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Had this problem all morning, cant even set a timer for my Turkey:S
I had the same issue when I got my first One at Christmas last year. I put it down to everyone unpacking and setting up the Alexa devices they had for Christmas. Later on in the day, everything worked fine. Maybe go have a mince pie and a cuppa, and try again later? :8
Having the same problem with Sonos One. Finding it very frustrating as the Amazon devices just work all the time yet the Sonos is so temperamental.