"Sorry, having trouble accessing Radio.com skill"

• 12 July 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Our local radio station switching from TuneIn to Entercom (Radio.com). Asking Alexa on an Echo to play our local station works fine. When asking Alexa via Sonos One, greeted with "Sorry, having trouble accessing Radio.com skill". I've disabled the skill, and tried to enable it directly from the Sonos One without success. Is this another limitation for the Sonos One? If it is, it's a deal breaker as I was going to replace our bathroom Echo with the One.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Even tried to stream a radio.com station on my iPad Alexa app and that even worked. So the radio.com skill is enabled for my Alexa account, it's just that the Sonos One can't use it. Getting really annoyed by discrepancies between a regular Echo and Sonos One.

Funny enough, starting the station from the Alexa app (on iOS), I can then send the stream to the Sonos One via AirPlay 2. 😠
Most likely due to Sonos' lack of support for the AudioPlayer Alexa interface. It's been available for almost two years now, hundreds of Alexa skills utilize it, yet Sonos still does nothing. Very annoying, I agree.

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-support-for-alexa-audioplayer-interface-6796636
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Not sure that's it. Testing other stations that are on radio.com and they stream fine. Hmmmphf. Would like to figure this out. I'll make sure the stations I'm testing were originally Entercom ones before being moved to radio.com.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Tested out other Entercom radio.com stations and they all stream fine, it's just this specific one that I'm trying, WZPL. No idea why it won't stream.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
So an update.... asking Alexa to play WZPL will now at least launch the Radio.com skill. She says now playing the station, but the stream never actually starts. So progress? Ugh...such an annoying bug.