Sonos won't connect to Amazon

• 20 July 2018
  • 5 replies

Just got a Sonos One, but when trying to set it up to connect to Alexa, i get errors. I get to the "Steps to set up Alexa" stage, click on "Connect your Amazon account" and enter my amazon account credentials. But when i do, i get the message "We're sorry! An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured we're already working on the problem...". Not sure if this is because i'm in Canada and maybe it's trying to connect to Amazon.com instead of .ca?
However when i go into my Alexa account, in my devices i see "Daniel's Sonos One" (but no other devices). Whats going on here?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, dbonder. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. If you are still having trouble with connecting Sonos to Alexa, I would recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot in real time. They are able to set up a remote session and take a real-time look at the network and alexa.amazon.com to get this sorted. Thanks!
Hi, I did try it several times in the browser version of Alexa and I still get the same error messages...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Having two devices listed within Alexa App>Settings is correct. One of these is the Alexa component of the Sonos One and the other relates to the hardware. Sonos have done this to enable different settings on the different components in the future, although at present they are identical.

The hardware component, named the same as the Sonos room, won't ever show as 'on-line' under settings, this is normal. You should however be able to set the Device Location, you could try the browser version of the Alexa App as this can resolve these problems sometimes when the iOS or Android versions can't. (www.alexa.amazon.co.uk or www.alexa.amazon.com)

Let us know how you get on.
So it randomnly started working without me doing anything, but I'm still having some issues. In my Alexa app on my phone, it lists both "Daniel's Sonos One" which is "Online" and "Main Room" (which i named my sonos, but which doesn't specify if it's online or not). I was able to get the right location details for "Daniel's Sonos One" but when i try to change the timezone/location details for "Main Room" i keep getting error messages (We;re sorry. we're unable to update your device time zone. Please check your network connectivity and try agin later". Is this a connectivity issue? Should the "Main room" be listed as online? If so how to i connect it? Alex is working fine aside from this (and some Google Calendar issues...). Any thoughts? thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Can you log out of all Amazon apps on your device, including Alexa and then disable the Alexa Skill followed by Enabling again. Let us know how you get on.