Sonos will not play music via Alexa voice commands

• 8 July 2018
  • 3 replies

I have recently purchased a Play 1 and set up according to instructions. Everything works ok apart from when I ask Alexa to play radio or spotify she says 'Playing...from spotify' or 'Playing BBC radio one' and then nothing. Both theses fibroids functions work through the Sonos app but not through voice commands. Please can you help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, meggy90. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Did you verify that your music services have been set up on the Amazon Alexa app? Also, are you specifying a room for the content to play in?
I have this exact same issue. The music services are set up and I am specifying the room. I would very much appreciate help with this issue.
I have this exact same issue. The music services are set up and I am specifying the room. I would very much appreciate help with this issue.Remove and re-add the Sonos Skill in the Amazon Alexa App and it will prompt you to rescan for devices. Just ensure there are no duplicate speaker 'rooms' created in your Alexa device list and then it should all work okay.?