Sonos stops after playing one song from Amazon Music

• 4 October 2017
  • 38 replies

Userlevel 1
"Alexa, play classical music on dining room"

Alexa starts classical focus from amazon on dining room sonos.

After one selection, sonos goes quiet. Sonos app shows nothing playing. I can ask alexa to play classical music again, and again it plays just one selection and stops.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

Badge +1
I've been experiencing a similar issue where when I request an Amazon playlist or station via an Echo Dot, only one song plays. This started happening consistently a couple of weeks ago, coincidentally when I brought my first Sonos One into my ecosystem. I didn't have this issue for months prior. I turned off Alexa on the Sonus One last night and this playback issue went away.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hi. I’m having the same problem with only one track playing despite my Echo Dot confirming that it has received my command correctly. I have submitted diagnostic 8228793 in support of this. I have scanned the various posts on this issue and tried the enable/disable skill, rediscover devices, resetting the dot and powering everything down but to no avail.

I really like the voice control but the fact that it only plays one song is proving frustrating.

Thanks,
Dave
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Do you have any other app logged into a different Amazon account on your controlling device?
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
No. Nothing else.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Have you tried these actions?

Having the same issue here as well. Sonos One + Alexa. Playlists/Stations stop after 1 song. Does not respond to STOP MUSIC commands. Submitted a ticket.

Try resetting your voice control by following the options I've listed within the answer in this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Yes, with the exception of those that relate to the Sonos Ones - I am using an Echo Dot. Resetting voice control appears to be applicable only to the Ones.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please follow the steps I've listed in this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-alexa-issues-6796539/index1.html#post16180399
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Will do when I get back home. Now away for a few days. Thanks for your help on this.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Unfortunately no joy having followed those steps. Still get one song and no more. I notice that some devices are duplicated in Alexa once it goes through the discovery process again. The only possibly unusual thing about my Amazon account is that I’m in a household with my father. Obviously that shouldn’t make any difference and I can’t toggle that because you have to wait 180 days to rejoin a household if you leave.
Badge
I’m having same issue of one song and done... not every time and or didn’t do it in beginning. REALLY FRUSTRATING that so many have this issue and NO accurate ANSWER.
Come on Sonos. Amazon built into your quantity speakers and not like we are having an issue doing something strange. Just play music on the speakers built to play music 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please try these actions - I understand this is Amazon Alexa dropping the Authorisation Token:

- Log out of ALL Amazon apps;
- Disable the Sonos Skill in Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills>Sonos;
- Reboot any wired Sonos product followed by all other Sonos products;
- Reenable the Sonos skill in the Amazon Skill in Alexa App>Skills

Please retest and let us know.

Edit:

Oops I think I've just repeated myself...:S
this happened to our sonos one last night. anyone find a good fix yet?
this happened to our sonos one last night. anyone find a good fix yet?

See the post directly above yours.