Answered

Sonos Sonos One Microphone not Working

• 15 October 2019
  • 6 replies

My Sonos one microphone is not working. I have multiple Sonos devices in the house and they are all working.

What I’ve done:

1. Rebooted
  2. Reset to factory settings and re-added
  3. Turned off Sonos Skill in Alexa, then turned it back on.

I still cannot get it to work. Any advice?

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 17 October 2019, 09:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

My Sonos one microphone is not working. I have multiple Sonos devices in the house and they are all working.

What I’ve done:

1. Rebooted
  2. Reset to factory settings and re-added
  3. Turned off Sonos Skill in Alexa, then turned it back on.

I still cannot get it to work. Any advice?

There is no benefit in resetting a unit in situations like this, as you delete the diagnostic information.  First off, have you tried touching the mic symbol on the unit in question?  Sometimes it’s easy to turn the mic off when dusting and you may need to just toggle it back on. :)

If this doesn’t work, can you open the Sonos app on your mobile device a select Settings>Services>Voice>Alexa and check that all of your devices are listed?  

Thanks for the advice on resetting. I won’t take that approach again.

I’ve opened the voice services and this device does not show up on the list. I’ve added the skill and everything is working perfect. 

Thank so much for your quick response and great advice!

Badge

Hello Everyone. I have bought my first pair of second hand Sonos One which are still under warranty. I had to do factory reset to control them in Sonos app. Mic has stopped working ever since. As long as speakers were registered with previous owner, I could mute off and mute on mic.

now, I can’t find Amazon Alexa in appstore and neither alexa voice service under Sonos app on my iphone.

I tried using android phone and installed Alexa app, linked sonos account, enabled/disabled Sonos skill and still mic button isn’t working. Alexa voice service is not available on android too.

could someone please suggest how to get mic working?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you tell us what’s displayed on the Sonos app on your mobile device when you select Settings>Services>Voice>Alexa?  

Badge

read some articles, looks like no voice service in Singapore :(

I just spent an hour trying everything to get a new Sonos One to work.  Thought it was defective then I came upon this suggestion.  WINNER!!  Thanks alot