Answered

Sonos or alexa problem?

• 11 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Got a Sonos 1, Gen 2. If I ask Alexa to switch to a different radio channel for example BBC radio 6, the device will tell me 'playing BBC radio 6 via BBC Sounds' (also happens with any other station via Tune In, Global etc) but then continues playing what's currently on and not switching. Likewise if I request to play something on Spotify, the response is 'sorry, this device is offline' which it isn't. Quite perplexing. Anyone else experience this or got any fix ideas please? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Corry P 14 March 2022, 17:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @TD187

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

It sounds like you’ve probably got some network issues getting in the way. I recommend you unplug your Sonos devices from power, and turn off your router too. Once the router has been off for half of a minute, turn it back on and only turn the Sonos devices back on once your smartphone is connected to WiFi again.

If you have any WiFi extenders, these are unsupported and I recommend you turn them off and keep them off - at least for testing purposes.

I hope this helps.