Question

Sonos one wont turn off

• 25 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge
Hi everyone i can say stuff like alexa good morning and alexa play radio from tune in etc.. all works fine BUT now when something is playing if i say Alexa turn off it ignores command and continues to play.. it use to work i would say turn off and everything went quiet..Anybody know a fix or why this is happening

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
hi there it drove me mad for 24 hrs and coudnt find an answer anywhere only the plonker who posted the above as if i didnt know about the command . the next day i turned the mic on and off and after a while it started to work again.

Calling Keith a 'Plonker' is harsh and will limit the support you get on the forum!. 'Alexa, Turn off' isn't a valid command!

Two scenario's:

1/ You used the correct command, (Alexa, Stop' or 'Alexa Stop Kitchen Sonos') in which case it would help to include the command you used so that we can help;
2/ You used the command that you stated in your post, in which case pointing you to the correct command list is appropriate.
Badge
hi there it drove me mad for 24 hrs and coudnt find an answer anywhere only the plonker who posted the above as if i didnt know about the command . the next day i turned the mic on and off and after a while it started to work again.
I'm having the same issue. It worked fine before leaving for the holidays. Came back, updated Sonos, and now I can't get Alexa to turn off. Scoobychief, did you find a solution?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Zoinks, Scoobychief! Seems like you may want to go over this list of commands to have a better idea of what commands work best with Alexa. Thanks for posting! If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach back out. I am happy to help.