Sonos One Volume Issue

• 20 September 2018
  • 5 replies

Recently the volume on my Sonos One is very low and will not adjust. The only way I can get the volume to work correctly is to unplug unit and plug it back in. I have had the unit for almost a year with no issues--this started a couple weeks ago.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I suggest you submit a diagnostic and post the number in this thread for Sonos to investigate.
I'm having the same issue with my new Sonos One that I setup last night. If I press the volume buttons on top of the speaker then the volume of the feedback tone changes but the volume of the music does not.

I have tested with music playing from different sources, Pandora, Apple Music and from my iPhone Controller and they all have the same behavior.

The volume control from the Sonos app doens't work at all for the Sonos One. However my other Play:1 speakers are working fine.

I submitted a diagnostic report: 677341679

Ben
Presumably the 'volume limit' in the Sonos One room settings is still set to to full volume at 100% (off)... maybe just check the slider bar, in case something has glitched for some inexplicable reason.
Hey Ken, you nailed it! I checked the volume limit before and it was showing as “Off” with the slider at 100% but as you suggested I played with the slider in the app and the volume started working!
The interesting thing here was that the volume wouldn’t go up or down, so i guess the limit must have been stuck at the minimum?

Either way that seems to have fixed the issue. I’ll keep monitoring and report back if it stops again.

Ben
It was just a lucky guess Ben, if I’m honest, I can’t say I’ve really seen the problem before, but it’s one I will try to keep in mind if others in the community encounter the problem in the future.

I guess we all know things can sometimes 'glitch' now and then.

Anyhow, glad it’s sorted, that’s the main thing. Thanks for letting me know the outcome.?