Question

Sonos One Voice Services Reading 'Error'

• 13 August 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi All,

I've recently had my Alexa working correctly for the past few weeks, however today when I tried using Alexa it says 'Sorry I'm having trouble understanding right now, please try again later'.

Did the usual forget devices, re-enable skills in Alexa which did not work. Then I checked the Sonos App and under Voice Services for my Sonos One it says 'Error' with an accompanying message underneath reading 'There was a problem retrieving Voice Services account information for this room. Please try again.'

Thought it was an internet connectivity issue, however my internet is fine and it's been about 12 hours and hasn't self resolved. Unsure how to solve this one - any thoughts?

Regards,
Winston

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Exactly same issue here ! Since a power cut yesterday - not sure if it’s coincidence.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there,

Please run through the suggestions on our troubleshooting page. If you're still having the issue after that, submit a diagnostic and reply here with the confirmation number. I'll take a look for you.
I’ve had my Sonos One for 18months no issues but in the past week I’ve had the exact same issue.
Can’t fix it - effectively an expensive paperweight
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I’ve had my Sonos One for 18months no issues but in the past week I’ve had the exact same issue.
Can’t fix it - effectively an expensive paperweight

Hi there,

Are the speakers not working for playing music? Or is the issue just with the voice assistant? Also, which voice assistant are you using? If you're using Alexa, please run through the steps in this guide.

If you're still having issues, submit a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.