Question

Sonos One update trouble

• 13 October 2017
  • 32 replies

Badge
New Sonos One won't update, I'm looking for some help please - keep getting error message 30 on them both

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Given the number of people who appear to be getting them "early", i wonder if there's a chance that Sonos will release the necessary software update / flag in the software to get them installed before the official release date.

That's an observation, not a question.

I hope so! It’s sitting there waiting to be used. Currys emailed me yesterday saying they could deliver today
Badge
Just as an update, the software was released yesterday on the app and now both of my Ones are working! Alexa is now causing me a headache as she works up to a point but if you ask her for your flash briefing she just says 'here is your flash briefing' - then nothing? Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue? I can see it being a pain with Sonos and Amazon blaming each other without resolving it
Thanks did manage to work it out.
How did you get your hands on a Sonos One? They aren't shipping yet...
Badge
I thought that might be the first response I got - I ordered 2 x one and a play 3 - the ones both turned up today! I was shocked as it said id be getting them on the 24th October
Cool! Lucky you...
Badge
well not really cos they don't work 😃
https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/unable-to-update-error-30-5743102
well not really cos they don't work :D

Software for the Sonos One will not be released until Oct. 24, since the unit was not supposed to be sold before then. A few have seem to be out there because some retailers messed up.
Badge
Ah ok thanks - was worried that might be it! I'll just sit and look at them then for a bit!
I have just received the new Sonos One too and experiencing exactly the same problem! Very very frustrating!!!
Badge
Just glad I've got a Play 3 coming tomorrow!
This my first Sonos system too so not an impressive start!
This my first Sonos system too so not an impressive start!

The retailer should not have sold it to you. They are not being released to the public until Oct. 24, that is why the software is not there. Don't hold it against the product because the retailer screwed up.
Badge
I was shocked when they turned up tbh
Your right it’s probs not Sonos fault just frustrating as I ordered it and paid for express delivery so I’d have it ready for a party this sat! ???
Given the number of people who appear to be getting them "early", i wonder if there's a chance that Sonos will release the necessary software update / flag in the software to get them installed before the official release date.

That's an observation, not a question.
Badge
Mine came from there as well
Just as an update I’ve had an email from currys this morning saying that they effectively shipped my Sonos One too early and it won’t work until the 24th October which is the actual release date! Looks like Currys screwed up a bit!
I’ll bet they’ve gotten a strongly worded email from Sonos or whomever Sonos uses for distribution. Breaking street dates is a pretty serious thing, especially as the software to enable the speakers hasn’t been released. How many people aren’t as clued in as you and didn’t come here to get this news? I bet their seething and not realizing that it is Curry’s fault, not Sonos. Might be why Curry’s sent that email.
Same problem here... (error 30) 😞
Exactly the same experience. I randomly checked last night and was able to download the software. Admittedly haven’t played around with it too much yet but I noticed the flash briefing is just blank. I’ll take a closer look today but think you need to set up which news source you want your flash briefing to come from. I.e bbc etc. Also Alexa kept thinking I was in Washington so kept giving me weather updates from there. Tried again this morning and all sorted. Good luck
Badge
I managed to change the locations, had to do it for all the speakers in the Alexa app - I've got feeds in my daily briefing but it just won't work!
That’s worrying as the news feed is one of the main things I will use. Hopefully just a teething issue. Maybe it’s just be but the quality of the speaker seems to have improved too.
Badge
Sad times according to Sonos UK re the daily briefing -

Hi Steve, thanks for reaching out. Flash briefings are something we are looking to bring to our customers at a later date along with some other improvements such as controlling Spotify through voice with your Sonos One. We'll be sure also to share your interest in seeing this feature come to Sonos as soon as possible with the rest of our team.