Sonos One - really disappointed

• 22 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi, firstly the sound quality is great, no issues there, however I do feel I have been missold this product! I purchase this with the sole purpose Upgrading the sound quality on an amazon echo device as this has eledgedly got echo functionality built in. This does not have anywhere close to the functionality of an echo device. I am gutted as this was the reason for the purchase. I have made the mistake of waiting in the hope the functionality will be added, it clearly won’t be, most probably down to Amazon, but it’s not the point. You can’t use any of the multi room functionality, you can’t drop in, you can’t make calls you can’t announce, basically all you can do is ask it to play music!. This has not even go a line in so you can add an echo dot to give full functionality. This has been a complete waste of money for me and had I known this I would not have purchased.

Anyone wishing to have full functionality would be much better buying the Sonos play one and adding a dot or spot to it via the line in port.

Really disappointed in what I was hoping was going to be a great product.:@

Would Sonos offer returns or exchange for more suitable device? My issue is I have held off returning in the hope it would be updated with full functionality...

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Sorry to hear that the Sonos One is not meeting your needs. The only way to get what you want out of alexa and sonos, is a sonos play 5. It is the only speaker with a aux plug to add a dot. But that is 400 dollar speaker. Contact Sonos, to see what they can do for you with a play 5. As you are not a happy customer.

Yes a lot of the alexa features are not available on the sonos one. That might be by design from amazon.
Thanks, I thought the Sonos play one had a aux line in?
Just to mention a side issue, at the moment, plugging in an echo DOT to a Play-5 auxiliary will only work as an Amazon Echo (improved) speaker ... it does not work very well with the 'Sonos Skill' installed in the Alexa App due to the way the Sonos speaker ‘ducking process' has been implemented. They do plan to improve the 'ducking' though in the future.

It means you cannot currently 'voice control' your music in other Sonos Rooms ... you can only do that via the Sonos App. You can however use the audio grouping of Echo devices shown in the Amazon App Settings.

I just thought these things were worth mentioning before anyone switches over to using an Echo device with a Play-5 cabled to it.
Thanks useful information ?