Sonos one questions

• 21 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

I wish to buy 4 Sonos one’s on launch day but have a few questions:

1) Do I need existing amazon Alexa products for the Sonos one to work or is it completely stand alone? I have no interest in echo eg dot etc but still want full Alexa functionality in this Sonos one.

2) I have several other Sonos products eg speakers, play bar subwoofer etc, the question is regarding the bridge ie the Ethernet connected to my router. Do I need a new bridge for this Sonos or can work with existing bridge? How many Sonos can connect on 1 Bridge? The issue is I have run out of spare ports on my router! I have many other “connected Home” products eg Hive etc etc!

3) As existing and loyal Sonos customer, having spent thousands and potentially thousands more, will Sonos be offering discounts? I note the UK price is same as US price?! Last time I checked the GBP Sterling is worth more than US dollar?

Thanks in advance, much appreciated

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

1) No. It is completely standalone.

2) It is 100% compatible with all current Sonos devices. Each Sonos system can have up to 32 units connected, including Bridges and Boosts.

3) Can't answer this definitively, but the only discount I have seen lately is the half off Amazon Dot promotion.
Many thanks for prompt reply, I will be ordering 4 on launch date!