Answered

SONOS ONE - Problem connect to Alexa in Ausralia

• 9 February 2018
  • 2 replies

Having purchased a Sonos One, I have been unsuccessful in getting Spotify to play using commands given to Alexa. I have done the following:
1) Added the player
2) Downloaded the Alexa app and signed in with my Amazon account following all prompts
3) I have connected my Spotify account and set as default
4) I can ask Alexa now for info on the weather and that works fine but when I say 'Play music' or 'Play music on Spotify' I get 'Sorry, something went wrong!"
icon

Best answer by Tristan81 10 February 2018, 06:09

I have Amazon Echo plus and want to control my Sonos system, I tried to download the Sonos skill in the Alexa app but it isn't available in Australia. Its really poor especially since the new Sonos One is on sale here. The Sonos website says we have to wait until Autumn 2018 until it's supported.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Note: I had originally set up my Sonos account location as Australia but then got 'Voice services not available in your country' so changed my SONOS account location to USA. When I go to Voice Services, I get 'Amazon Alexa - Requires Alexa App' . I select this and I get 'Amazon Alexa and Sonos' and options of Room Settings, View Alexa Set-up and Learn More. I linked my Spotify account to Alexa and end up with three check marks for 'Connect Amazon account', 'Downloaded the Alexa App' and 'Verify Music Services on Alexa'. Then I try Alexa out saying 'Alexa Play radio' and still this doesn't work!

So much for plug and play!
I have Amazon Echo plus and want to control my Sonos system, I tried to download the Sonos skill in the Alexa app but it isn't available in Australia. Its really poor especially since the new Sonos One is on sale here. The Sonos website says we have to wait until Autumn 2018 until it's supported.