Answered

Sonos One > Philips Hue

• 24 July 2018
  • 7 replies

My Sonos One, with the right skills enabled, cannot find my Philips Hue (gen 2 hub) system. Tried everything that was mentioned in other threads: reinstalling skills, resetting the Sonos and the Hue, removing Alexa from Sonos, etc.

One remaining think I can think of is that my Philips Hue lights are connected to my home wifi network, while my Sonos system (Playbar, 2x play 1 and now a Sonos one) is connected to my router with one cable. I think sonos then creates its own wifi network that is different from the home network which makes Alexa on Sonos One unable to find the lights...

Not sure if this could be the reason but if so, how can I fix this?
icon

Best answer by Arjan76 26 July 2018, 11:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Do you see your Hue lights setup as smart devices within the Alexa app? If you select that device in the app, are you able to turn the lights and off within the app? Do you have an Amazon echo device, and if so, does can you control the lights with that?

Your network setup shouldn't be an issue here. The Sonos One will talk to the Alexa cloud, which will then talk to your Hue hub which will then turn off the lights. If you had a network related problem, you wouldn't be able to reach Alexa at all and therefore wouldn't be able to request music, get the weather, time, etc from Alexa.
Thx for your reply. No, I do not see the Hue lights at all in the Alexa app, this is the issue: Alexa does not 'discover' the lights or hub. I do not have an echo device, but the lights all work fine with the hue app and homekit.
Fortunately, I was able to fix the issue! It appeared to be the Apple through router which the hue was connected to my modem. A direct connection to the modem solved the issue...
Hi, I'd been having the same issue. Realised I hadn't confirmed my email for my Philips account.
What to do:
Go to philips website https://www.philips.co.uk/c-m-li/hue
Make sure you have an account setup and that you've confirmed the email address.
As I had an old bridge, I deactivated it and then added my new bridge. Maybe do this anyway, even if you don't have a new bridge.
Alexa then discovered my lights instantly.
I’ve been reading several of these forums and I have a slightly different issue. My Sonos One was working perfectly with hue lights until a few weeks ago. Now it simply won’t discover them at all.

I have the V2 hue bridge, I’ve tried all the different things listed in here and others and am stuck. The Sonos One devices are connected as surround sound speakers and I have an echo dot in the other room. Maybe I’m just putting it all together wrong...
Hi, I'd been having the same issue. Realised I hadn't confirmed my email for my Philips account.
What to do:
Go to philips website https://www.philips.co.uk/c-m-li/hue
Make sure you have an account setup and that you've confirmed the email address.
As I had an old bridge, I deactivated it and then added my new bridge. Maybe do this anyway, even if you don't have a new bridge.
Alexa then discovered my lights instantly.

Just to say this worked for me also ie registering my Bridge with Phikips. Hope it works for you.
Thx for your reply. No, I do not see the Hue lights at all in the Alexa app, this is the issue: Alexa does not 'discover' the lights or hub. I do not have an echo device, but the lights all work fine with the hue app and homekit.
This is exactly the same problem I have. I’m not exactly sure about your fix that worked so Can you please explain again what you did to solve the problem.