Answered

Sonos one outside fully alexa supported countries

• 5 October 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
I own an echo dot and I live in the netherlands. It works perfectly well. The only workaround is I have to tell it I live in the UK. I use it in english set to united states, just to be clear. I can set all these things through the alexa app.

If I get a sonos one, will it actually work in the netherlands? I really want this product, and the limitation is silly to say the least.
When I try to preorder one it says:
---------
Voice control for Sonos is not supported in your country, yet. These features will be available when Sonos and a voice service launch together in your region.
Amazon Alexa support for Sonos One is available in:
Austria
Germany
United Kingdom
United States
----------

Can somebody from Sonos reply to this simple question:
- will I be able to simply change the country setting and have it work perfectly, like I do now with my amazon echo dot?
icon

Best answer by Skelton 5 October 2017, 23:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Amazon
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
Which App, the Sonos or the Amazon Alexa ? Thanks !
Change your language settings on your mobile device to English and after that install the app
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
I live in Italy and I have a Sonos One. I did manage to have some connection with Alexa putting US in my Sonos profile, but I wasn't able to download Amazon Alexa APP on my iPhone, as I am in Italy. So at the end I can't use it !! Any suggestion ? thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
There's quite a few threads on this subject, but I'll repost my response.
---

Sonos One is nothing more than a connection to Amazon's Alexa. You should expect to see the same regional restrictions regardless of how you access it. Please keep this in mind for everyone ordering outside the currently supported areas.

The only way Sonos One will be different from current "Echo" devices is that Sonos intends to add other assistants such as Google in the future. That would potentially give you more options.
---

If whatever workaround you're using works today then it's possible it'll work then. It would not be officially supported though.
Userlevel 1
Badge
No worries, the more questions the merrier 🙂. I very much hope it will work. Otherwise I might switch to Siri/homepod or google assistant when the integration comes. I do believe they will be faster to push language availability in more countries. Amazon are very slow in this regard.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Sorry for the duplicate! Let's hope we get some answer from the team. I saw your own reply and I have good hopes. Fingers crossed!
Userlevel 1
Badge
I have the exact same question but no answer yet. https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-voice-control-for-sonos-is-not-supported-in-your-country-yet-6791435