Answered

Sonos One Not Responding to Alexa Comands

• 30 October 2017
  • 35 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
If it's any further help, it's setting itself to Seattle, like what has been reported by other users.
Userlevel 2
Badge
However my dot has all the right address info. Tried copying exactly what is in the Dot location, but still not working.
Userlevel 2
Badge
It allows me to change timezone but not address, it says "unable to save changes".
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Are you checking the location within Alexa App>Settings>Sonos 1>Device Location and Device Time Zone?
Userlevel 2
Badge
Working a ton better thanks, responded and reacted to all commands successfully. Still thinks it's in Seattle instead of UK, in settings it has retained the location I added manually, but still giving time and weather for Seattle.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Gazzstevens

Can you please try these actions:

- In the Alexa app, select 'Skills' and disable the Sonos Skill;
- In the Alexa app (PC version), select 'Smart Home' then 'Devices';
- Select 'Forget All' at the bottom of the screen;
- In the Sonos app, select 'Settings' and for each of the Sonos 1's remove 'Voice Recognition';
- If you have a Connect, please power down and then switch on and wait for it to boot;
- Power down the two Sonos 1's and then switch them back on and wait for them to boot;
- In the Sonos app, Select 'Manage' and then select 'Add a player or sub' and add the two Sonos 1's again. This will complete the set-up process again;
- In the Alexa app, select 'Skills' and ensure the Sonos skill is enabled, if not please 'Enable';
- In the Alexa app (PC version), select 'Smart Home' then 'Devices'
- Select 'Discover' at the bottom of the screen. Ensure that your Sonos 1's are displayed correctly and not shown as 'Off Line'. Also ensure that there are no devices with the same name (To ensure my Sonos devices are not duplicated, I've added Sonos to the end of each of my players within the Sonos App. Remember, if you want to do this, rename before selecting 'Discover';

Please retest and let me know the result.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Sorry somehow, my message hadn't finished.
- One is visible in Alexa app
- Recognises commands in History
- But doesn't respond and react to them all

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-commands-6793240

This is the other thread with more info
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Great news ?
Userlevel 2
Badge
Thanks for the response, I’ve accidentally got 2 of the same thread going. Tried the suggested steps and Sonos One is visible in Alexa app and recognising commands
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

First step is to disable and then enable the Sonos skill within the Alexa app. Are you seeing the Sonos 1 within the list of devices under Smart Home in the Alexa app?

If the problem still exists, then using the Sonos app on either iOS or Android (Not PC), select the Sonos 1 within settings and disable Voice servces and then re-enable.