Question

SONOS ONE - NOT PLAYING SPOTIFY MUSIC

• 30 December 2017
  • 13 replies

Hey,

I purchased my Sonos One today and have been going through the set up.

I was having a lot of issues connecting it to my spotify as it was saying everything was linked but when I would ask Alexa to play something it would not recognise anything.

I think I've fixed that issue but now it does recognise when I ask it to play a song, it even says playing 'hello from adele' (for example) but then no music plays?

Can someone advise me on what to do please.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

First open the Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills>Sonos and 'Disable' followed by 'Enable', this will fix this issue 90% of the time. If the problem persists, then please follow the steps I've listed within the Answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
I am having a similar issue in which I ask Alexa to play something from my Spotify; it will say it will play it and then the song will not change or play. I restarted, tried unlinking etc, only now it says "sorry that device is offline" even though it is set up properly, connected to the internet and my Spotify premium account. If I ask it to play from Amazon Music it works fine. (As soon as I posted this I asked it and it worked perfectly, I've been sitting here trying to fix it for 45 minutes and now it just works, you cannot make this stuff up)
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If you change your settings on the Sonos One, it will sometimes go offline and there may be a delay before it comes back on-line.
I had same issue, go to Alexa app then into smart homes and add device. Sorted
Hi

First open the Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills>Sonos and 'Disable' followed by 'Enable', this will fix this issue 90% of the time. If the problem persists, then please follow the steps I've listed within the Answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
I could kiss you. This was doing my nut in. Ta.
Also - what is it with this forum? - the commenting/replying thing is broken. Please fix it Spotify.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Adam. It seems to be working fine for me... What's going wrong?
I cannot easily figure out how to delete comments I've posted by mistake.
Also I meant Sonos not Spotify. Obvs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It's alright, we've received support calls intended for Sony in the past, so either way, not to worry. Comments are not meant to be deleted, you can edit them though.
Why can't you add a delete option? I just posted a pointless comment above and wanted to delete it. Not being able to makes me think that this is a pointless forum to continue interacting and engaging with, in all honesty.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Myself, I can't add or remove features, though I'll be sure to pass your suggestion along. What comment do you want deleted?