Answered

Sonos one - Music voice command not playing music.

• 24 October 2017
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi, I just installed my Sonos one last night. Got all the skills, apps setup. Go to ask Alexa to play a song from Amazon Music, she replies saying 'playing (artist name) from Amazon Music' then nothing happens. Anyone else having these problems or know a solution?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by simonfenn1981 24 October 2017, 20:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Solution! Disable the Sonos skill in the Alexa app, then enable again. Then say: ‘Alexa, discover devices’. This should rediscover your phone then should work. Try playing a song/radio.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Awesome, that worked, thanks!
Having the same problem. So frustrated. Someone help!!
simonfenn1981's answer worked for me. Thank you
You’re brilliant! After hours on the phone to John Lewis and Sonos ( he hung up on me, as I couldn’t understand what he was saying and so was slow) - your answer solved it! I was prepared to go on another 44 mile round trip to get a replacement.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Yep, same here. Works sometimes, doesn’t work other times.
This fixed the problem for me a few weeks ago, but since the latest update, this doesn't work, seems to work in my bedroom but not in the kitchen....
Hi, I just installed my Sonos one last night. Got all the skills, apps setup. Go to ask Alexa to play a song from Amazon Music, she replies saying 'playing (artist name) from Amazon Music' then nothing happens. Anyone else having these problems or know a solution?

Thanks!
Solution! Disable the Sonos skill in the Alexa app, then enable again. Then say: ‘Alexa, discover devices’. This should rediscover your phone then should work. Try playing a song/radio.
Solution! Disable the Sonos skill in the Alexa app, then enable again. Then say: ‘Alexa, discover devices’. This should rediscover your phone then should work. Try playing a song/radio. this worked! You made me happy!