Question

Sonos ONE is it worth it ?

• 6 March 2018
  • 7 replies

I have been using the sonos one since Christmas and ready to give up, voice sensitivity is terrible, finding myself having to shout at it, we have 3 echoes in the house and all worked perfect. The whole integration with voice services is pretty bad. Am I missing something or doing something wrong ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Are you on the latest app (8.4). The sensitivity of the mic was improved for that.
Yeah all updated, just so disappointed in the overall operation, came to the forum to see If I was the only one, thanks for your reply
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
It's early days. Iam sure sonos will get better at voice stuff.
I bet they have been busy cutting up the apple homepod to see how it works so well at full volume :8
Sonos main strength will be that you will be able switch music services, without switching speaker manufacturer from amazon to apple to google.
I retried a few minutes ago, stood right beside the Sonos One speaker (about 2 feet away) asked it to play my movie playlist and the music started playing on my Amazon Echo which is in the Hallway about 20 feet away. This was when there was nothing playing on any system in the house. I do hope it improves as I think it is damaging the reputation of Amazon's voice
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
I retried a few minutes ago, stood right beside the Sonos One speaker (about 2 feet away) asked it to play my movie playlist and the music started playing on my Amazon Echo which is in the Hallway about 20 feet away. This was when there was nothing playing on any system in the house. I do hope it improves as I think it is damaging the reputation of Amazon's voiceIf this is happening with just one Sonos One then you might have a faulty one.
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
I agree, if you are having to shout at your Sonos One in this manner something definitely isn't right. Have you tried turning the mic button off and then on again? If don't know if this was addressed in 8.4, but there was an issue previously where cycling the mic button would restore mic sensitivity.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I agree, if you are having to shout at your Sonos One in this manner something isn't right definitely isn't right. Have you tried turning the mic button off and then on again? I don't know if this was addressed in 8.4, but there was an issue previously where cycling the mic button would restore mic sensitivity.

I'll second this recommendation. The team is still investigating it and is closing in on the cause right now, so it hasn't been included in the 8.4 release. We'll be getting it out as soon as we can, but right now it doesn't affect too many Sonos Ones. Basically, if it becomes hard of hearing, try turning the mic off and back on by pressing the button on top. If that doesn't seem to fix things, it's likely something else at play, and it'd be good to give us a call on our support line.