Answered

Sonos One in Switzerland

• 13 January 2018
  • 15 replies

I lice in Seitzerland and bought a Sonos One being led to believe that I could use Alexa. Now I see I cannot use Alexa making it a Play 1 that I have paid 50 chf more for. I either want 50 chf back or a solution. This is fraud.
icon

Best answer by Dwayne82 13 January 2018, 17:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi, I just saw in official Instagram of Sonos that Google Assistant is now available in Switzerland for Sonos products!

But… when I try to activate it I still have the message “not available in your country”… So what!??

Others with same situation?

Now it is at last ok. So the announcement was made before concrete availability...

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi, I just saw in official Instagram of Sonos that Google Assistant is now available in Switzerland for Sonos products!

But… when I try to activate it I still have the message “not available in your country”… So what!??

Others with same situation?

Hello to the community.

any updates re the use of Alexa in Switzerland please? I am about to move to Zurich so would be good to know .
thanks
There is a lot of negative tones in here. have a little sympathy guys. the dude bought something that is not doing what he expected, I too live In Switzerland, and even though it does say it on the main product page, it is in small print and can be tricky to miss. Brandcg Amazon just set up in Zurich. Their services are expected to come in the next 1 to 2 years.
Hi all, how can I find where in the setting of the Sonos app to change my country? Thanks!
Great!
I have a house full of Sonos kit. This was supposed to enhance it. Anyway now I have a solution.
I suggest you keep it, enjoy the great quality via the app, and wait for Amazon to bring Alexa to your great country. You have bought into the future.
Thanks for the help! At least then I can use it to control music etc.
Hi Brandcg
I'm also living in Switzerland. If you look closer, most of the sellers don't advertise the Alexa-functionality (they only mention the integrated microphones).
Nevertheless you can set up Alexa in Switzerland in the following three steps:

1. In the settings of your Sonos-app, change the Country of your account to Germany (or another Alexa-friendly State like USA/UK/AT...)
2. Go to alexa.amazon.com and create an account. (use the same country as above)
3. In the settings of your Sonos-app, connect the voice-service with your amazon account.

Disadvantages:
You can't set your location in Switzerland for weather-forecast or other services.
You have to configure Alexa trough the Alexa-webpage because you can't get the app in the CH-Appstore/Playstore.
I suggest you keep it, enjoy the great quality via the app, and wait for Amazon to bring Alexa to your great country. You have bought into the future.
Unless u have a suggestion what to do I am not interested in your comment.
" . . . isnt stated anywhere that Alexa isnt available."

Except on the announcement page for the product:

Sonos One is voice-ready in the US, UK, and Germany. It’s everything you’d expect from a Sonos speaker to start with, and future-ready for when Sonos and a voice service launch together in your region if you’re located somewhere else.

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/introducing-the-new-sonos-one-6791304
It is sold widely in Switzerland and it isnt stated anywhere that Alexa isnt available. That I found out when I tried to use it.
Why would you think you could use Alexa in your country if Alexa is not available in your country?