Answered

Sonos One Group Alexa Issue

• 21 May 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Hey Guys,

First time poster here. I'm having an issue here where I have a Sonos One grouped on my patio with 4 other Play:1's. I figured this would be a good way to get alexa working with the whole group on the patio.

It's all been working really well except for one really annoying problem. When I say "Alexa" the Sonos One responds and lowers the volume on itself only for me to speak. The other grouped Play: 1 speakers keep playing music at the same volume and as they are near the Sonos One it completely ruins anything I try to say to Alexa.

Is this expected behaviour or should Alexa be lowering the volume on the whole group when I speak to the Sonos One as part of the group? Anyone know a workaround for this? And is there anything technically wrong with having 4 Play: 1's and 1 Sonos One all as mono speakers grouped in the one area? As it is a large area I didn't want there to be a small sweet spot between stereo pairs and the sound does appear to be really good with all these speakers near each other in mono.

Thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 23 May 2018, 08:52

Hi

Ducking is something that Sonos are working on to improve the user experience, so this should be fixed soon although no date has been released yet.

As for your speaker arrangements there is nothing technically wrong with your set-up but I suggest you pair your Play:1's you'll see a huge improvement in audio quality. If you don't like it you can always separate them again in the app.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Ducking is something that Sonos are working on to improve the user experience, so this should be fixed soon although no date has been released yet.

As for your speaker arrangements there is nothing technically wrong with your set-up but I suggest you pair your Play:1's you'll see a huge improvement in audio quality. If you don't like it you can always separate them again in the app.