Answered

Sonos One (Gen 2) Microphone Sensitivity for Alexa

• 15 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi All. I have recently replaced my old Echo device with a Sonos One (Gen 2) in my kitchen. I set up Alexa and it generally works fine, but any moderate background noise renders the microphone useless, and Alexa will not react unless I speak directly into the mic. I also own an Arc and a Roam and both work flawlessly. I have found some threads on here discussing the issue, but it is not clear to me whether this is a general Sonos One problem or whether to consider a replacement unit. Does anyone have a bit more insight? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 15 March 2022, 22:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I’ve seen people say that powering off a device for a few minutes at the power socket can sometimes fix microphone sensitivity issue. It apparently applies to Amazon echo devices too, so perhaps give that a try.

I have several Ones (gen1 & gen2) and Amazon Echo Dots (older 2nd generation) around the Home and the Sonos products respond just as well as the Amazon devices, if not better, on most occasions.

Note that devices in Kitchen areas, can sometimes be affected by things like microwave ovens, so that’s sometimes perhaps worth keeping in mind too.

Hope you’re able to resolve the matter. 👍