Answered

Sonos One and Alexa not working together...says "kitchen is offline".

• 24 October 2017
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1
I have an existing sonos play 1 in the living and got a new sonos one for the kitchen. I set everything up and cant get alexa to control either of the speakers all that well. When i ask it to play in the Kitchen, it says it cant find a device called "kitchen". When i ask it to turn down the volume, it flashes and nothing happens. Or i ask it to play michael jackson on pandora and it says "getting michael jackson playlist, playing on kitchen sonos, sorry kitchen sonos is offline". HELP, Im going crazy.
icon

Best answer by kolby100 26 October 2017, 03:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Just figured it out, I had to go into my Alexa app and remove the Sonos One from my list of smart devices and then searched again for devices and re linked it. Now it works!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Try disabling Voice Control within the Sonos app for the Sonos 1 and then enable. If you have problems enabling just select add player and add the Sonos 1 again. This should sort the issue.
only factory reset helps and start everything from scratch. I did that
Userlevel 1
Badge
I have an existing sonos play 1 in the living and got a new sonos one for the kitchen. I set everything up and cant get alexa to control either of the speakers all that well. When i ask it to play in the Kitchen, it says it cant find a device called "kitchen". When i ask it to turn down the volume, it flashes and nothing happens. Or i ask it to play michael jackson on pandora and it says "getting michael jackson playlist, playing on kitchen sonos, sorry kitchen sonos is offline". HELP, Im going crazy.

Good morning kolby100
Did you add your skills to your echo dot or amazon account Skills name SONOS if no? add it, if yes? remove it and add it again

Got the same issues since the skills I had setup was for my echo dot since I removed it and reinstall it I regain fully access to control all my sonos (play muisic stop skip) also works with my other sonos when ask

cheers
Thats useless. SONOS WHAT ABOUT WORKING ON A SOLUTION?????!!!!! You cannot just sell a useless shitty product and ignore your customers!!!!!
Userlevel 1
I figured it out!! I talked to Amazon and they told me that if you set up sonos on a 5g dual band router it might not work. So i disconnected from 5g on my phone, deregistered and disabled all skills, and connected to the 2.4g connection on my router. then set up the sonos one again as if i had never done it. After this, ALEXA CAN CONTROL SONOS ONE!!!
I’ve had the same problem , so fed up of trying to correct I’m just going to get a refund
Userlevel 1
My two new Sonos Ones need me to say sonos after the room name. For some reason in the Alexa app I have Kitchen and Kitchen Sonos both showing for my new one in the kitchen.

Play music on Kitchen doesn't work' play music on Kitchen Sonos does.

Ok, thanks. Il look into that. I do know it was saying that it couldn't find "kitchen sonos" when I told it to play, but that sounds interesting.
Badge +1
My two new Sonos Ones need me to say sonos after the room name. For some reason in the Alexa app I have Kitchen and Kitchen Sonos both showing for my new one in the kitchen.

Play music on Kitchen doesn't work' play music on Kitchen Sonos does.
Userlevel 1
Conquerer777 did you go in to settings and press the device and edit and put your full address in device location I had the same problem, it now gives me the right location for weather
Yes, my Sonos profile has my location, My Alexa App profile has my location, Amazon knows I am UK, each and every single device on my network in the Alexa App Settings has had location set individually, which as a feature request it should inherit from the profile and still Alexa doesnt work on my Sonos One

Interesting, I'm not having issues with the location. I can ask it for normal alexa stuff like the weather or the grammys (why would anyone ask that, by the way), but it just wont control sonos...
Conquerer777 did you go in to settings and press the device and edit and put your full address in device location I had the same problem, it now gives me the right location for weather
Yes, my Sonos profile has my location, My Alexa App profile has my location, Amazon knows I am UK, each and every single device on my network in the Alexa App Settings has had location set individually, which as a feature request it should inherit from the profile and still Alexa doesnt work on my Sonos One
I get it all setup but like these people can only use my Sonos One with Sonos App. Alexa isnt working. Alex, what is the weather, in Seattle its. I dont live in Seattle and I have set the region to the UK so why does Alexa think I am in Seattle. Clearly something is not working
Userlevel 1
I can play using the sonos app, but i cant get alexa to control sonos