SONOS ONE - ALEXA support BELGIUM

• 28 February 2018
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi
I am since +/- 5 years a pretty heavy SONOS user and since one year I used ALEXA.
Alexa is since some months 100% supported in belgium
I sold my ALEXA speaker and bough me some SONOS one's to add alexa controls in some of the rooms.... unfurtunately it seems SONOS team didn't follow the integration track of ALEXA???
Why isn't there ALEXA support on the ONE's yet in belgium and many other countries where ALEXA is already supported by amazon?! I just flushed 900euro on extra Sonos ONE speakers which only behave as PLAY1 speaker since I can't use voice commands ;-(
A very unhappy premium customer...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, SonosBart. We hear you, I can imagine your disappointment. We are working hard to roll this out in more regions with time, however, we do not yet have a time-frame for Belgium. I will forward this request for your region- the more the better. Let me know if you need anything else.
Userlevel 2
Hi, I do follow-up on SonosBart. I just purchased a ONE and it is marketed, even in Belgium with the Alexa feature available
(Enceinte Wi-Fi | assistant vocal | format compact | calibrage TruePlay | Multiroom )
So with that, any update on Google Play Music (incl Belgium) ?
This is really a setback, a disappointment 😞
Staring with Sonos did not look like this before my first purchase. Other brands are not better at this game but at least the do not advertise something working when it is not 😞
Same here. Just received today my first sonos one. Specially bought for the Alexa and Google functions. Google I was aware it was not available yet but Alexa I thought it was. Good quality but disappointed the voice features are still not available but advertisement however is made 😠
This is indeed taking too long....
Userlevel 1
Badge
Same here bought Sonos One for Alexa and great sound but very disappointed this voice feature is not available.
Same here - we have 1 sonos device but will only be expanding number of sonos devices (we need 5 ) with sonos if it gets voice in Belgium !
Same here 😞
Userlevel 1
The problem is still there. This seems to be an unlawful advertisement of selling things that are not in the box
Userlevel 1
You can by the way just fake your location in your settings, then it works. Not really an acceptable way of working, but it kind of solves the problem.
Even faking the location did not work for me! :(
This is a serious set back as a heavy Sonos user!
Sonos please solve this ASAP!
We’re not asking to be able to speak Dutch to our Alexa, but just being able to start a radio station seems to be a minimum.
... Bearing in mind that my Echo Dot is still accepting my commands flawlessly!...
You can by the way just fake your location in your settings, then it works. Not really an acceptable way of working, but it kind of solves the problem. can you tell us how to do that?
Feeling sad
Userlevel 1
Can somebody from SONOS contribute to this thread?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi. I did post an answer earlier on in this thread - though I understand this did not include tips on how to bypass our geographical limitations. I'm not not really in a position where I can advise as to how to do this - I'm sure you understand. Somebody else will likely post the solution.
Userlevel 1
Oh Ed I just see that you are a sonos rep:-).
Does this mean I can get an Amazon dot, connect to the sonos and use it as such until the sonos play one is also connected in Belgium?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Oh Ed I just see that you are a sonos rep:-).
Does this mean I can get an Amazon dot, connect to the sonos and use it as such until the sonos play one is also connected in Belgium?

If you update your Sonos profile to say you reside in the UK then it will work (Not sure about France). Plus you may have other streaming services that won't work via Sonos if Sonos thinks you actually are in the UK
Just bought 2 new sonos one's but just found they dont have new functionallity since this voice control is not working in belgium ! This sucks... Could have bought the old play 1's and saved some money...
Userlevel 1
I set up as a region Germany for both Sonos and Alexa. The language i changed back to English. All good now...
After almost a year, and this still isn't resolved yet?
I've bought the Sonos One for it's voice assistant a year ago, but still all it can do is nothing more than the other sonos products?
I'm getting very dissapointed and frustrated... It would have saved me some money to pay for other things.
Since I'm just a student, working hard to get some money together and trying to spend it into quality tech that gives what the box says.
Triedand succeeded today toinstall Alexa on Sonos One in Belgium. Go to your Sonos profile and change not only the country to UK (in hour profile and also on the left of the website) but also the language to English. Then go to your Sonos app and add a voice assistent. Works like a charm!
Badge
Did someone also got the Alexa Skill for Apple Music working in Belgium with a special trick? I have Alexa working in English on my Sonos One, but when I try to link my Belgian Apple Music subscription in the Alexa App, it says that Apple Music with Alexa is not available in your country or region. Very frustrating 😞