Answered

Sonos One, Alexa, Spotify Family = Nightmare

• 17 March 2018
  • 2 replies

So I have two sonos one speakers, one amazon account and a spotify family account with 4 people on it.
The issue I am having is when we play music downstairs in the kitchen and then my son asks alexa to play his upstairs it mutes downstairs. we have the multiple accounts set up in the sonos app so i know we can use these as a controller but seems to make alexa a waste of time.
is the solution only to have two sonos systems for individual people? how the hell do you set up alexa multiroom! so far not impressed with alexa!
icon

Best answer by Clinical Precision 17 March 2018, 22:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
There is another thread on this. Basically the Spotify family does not allow multiple streams via voice ( but does through the app strangely). Amazon music family does allow multiple streams via voice though if you are willing to switch to that.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
I believe (although I haven't tried it) if each user sets up their own Amazon account, puts the Alexa app on their own discrete device and connects the Alexa app to their individual Spotify accounts, and you then set up Alexa to recognize different users, you can use Alexa to stream different Spotify accounts to different Sonos speakers.

The problem is that Alexa defaults to the Spotify account for the person whose Amazon account is in use, but Spotify only lets you stream to one device at a time. If you are able to use different Spotify accounts on each speaker it should work.