Sonos One - Alexa - Play Specific Song

• 14 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Until today, my Sonos system was very sadly unavailable to me for the past three months!  But, I am finally happy to be back in action.  One thing is puzzling me, though. I have the mic turned on for only one of my Sonos Ones.  So, I used to be able to just say "Alexa, play Sharp Dressed Man", and it would play it.  That is, I didn't have to say the artist most of the time.  If I add "by ZZ Top", it does work.  Not a huge deal, but just curious what I had added before or whatever that enabled that?  Sadly, I do not remember now!  I guess it was a couple of years ago when I set that up.  Thanks much in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Definitely not a new account.  I guess I have had the account for...jeez...21 years!

It’s a bit of a strange one then.. I’m not sure why Alexa would work differently, albeit we are in different countries?

Yes, looks like you’re in the UK.  I’m in the US.  

It’s currently working here for me… I’m using Amazon Music Ultimate HD as my default MSP in the Alexa App.

Me: "Alexa, play sharped dressed man"

Alexa: "Here’s sharped dressed man, 2008 remaster, by ZZ Top…"  (track then plays)

Might it be your chosen MSP, perhaps?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

It could be the Unlimited.  I had it before, but back on standard at the moment.  I will give it a try...at least to see...or maybe keep.  :)  TY for the reply and input!

It could be the Unlimited.  I had it before, but back on standard at the moment.  I will give it a try...at least to see...or maybe keep.  :)  TY for the reply and input!

I would have thought both the Amazon ‘standard’ and ‘ultimate’ services would have worked the same, personally speaking. If it’s a new Amazon account, maybe Alexa is just learning what tracks you like and the experience will perhaps improve with time.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Definitely not a new account.  I guess I have had the account for...jeez...21 years!

It’s a bit of a strange one then.. I’m not sure why Alexa would work differently, albeit we are in different countries?