Answered

Sonos One Alexa not as good as Echo

• 1 December 2017
  • 5 replies

Sonos One Alexa does not work as well as Echo Dot -- does not respond as quickly and sometimes not as accurate -- anyone see this behavior?
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 2 December 2017, 18:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Sonos, time to upgrade the firmware on the Alexia software for Sonos One!!!

Upgrades being delivered circa every 10 days, not fast enough?
Sonos, time to upgrade the firmware on the Alexia software for Sonos One!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

**If I play music on sonos from my local music share/source (aka \\computer\music), then I am unable to tell Alexa to lower/increase the volume or even pause it.

This is possible but you may need to use the room name

**Cannot play sleep sounds such as Rain, Thunderstorm, or Ocean sounds (seems to be a skill limitation)

Agreed, although there are some sleep sounds on Amazon which are available.

**Noticed that for every Alexa/One device I see 2x devices in Alexa app (settings). There is a device for the Speaker and the other for the Alexa integrated device. (And Amazon echo support was surprised when I forwarded them a screenshot of this as to why they could not see the registered devices and I could).

Yes this is as intended.
Badge
I agree on the SONOS One/Alexa being subpar. Will give them the benefit of the doubt for now since they are considered the new kid on the block. I can see the possible rush to get a product pushed out before the holiday timeframe to boost sales and SONOS seems to be on the eager side to mention updates/improvements will soon follow.

Currently I have noticed the following:
**If I play music on sonos from my local music share/source (aka \\computer\music), then I am unable to tell Alexa to lower/increase the volume or even pause it.
**Cannot play sleep sounds such as Rain, Thunderstorm, or Ocean sounds (seems to be a skill limitation)
**Noticed that for every Alexa/One device I see 2x devices in Alexa app (settings). There is a device for the Speaker and the other for the Alexa integrated device. (And Amazon echo support was surprised when I forwarded them a screenshot of this as to why they could not see the registered devices and I could).
Userlevel 6
Badge +8
The sound quality of th Sonos One is much better than any of the Echo products. And, I think the visual appearance of the Sonos is nicer. The Echo is way ahead of ths Sonos in the realm of voice control and related features.