Answered

Sonos One Alexa need to shout commands

• 12 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

We are fairly new to Sonos, at present we only have one Sonos speakers, it’s a Sonos One. We have a couple of new Amazon Echo Dots. While we both love the actual sound from the Sonos, the Alexa side of it is a bit of a disappointment, we find we have to shout loud to get it to use commands, we are going to buy a couple more Sonos SL speakers to use in another room to use in stereo via an Echo Dot, have no problems with echo dot and commands. The Sonos One is approx 3.5 meters away from were we sit, and having to shout loud command is a pain, especially is the lady in the house has to shout them..lol. Can I switch the mic off on the Sonos One and control it by an Amazon Echo Dot which will be right next to we’re we sit, we never have to raise our voices with any of the Echo Dots.

icon

Best answer by Alex.L 12 March 2020, 19:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hey @bluesman you can turn off the Mic on the Sonos One, just tap the mic button on the top of the speaker then to control it from the Dot simply say the name of the Sonos One at the end of the command

I had the same issue. Out of the Box on Sonos One hooked up to Alexa, for whatever reason, Alexa thinks I am ‘whispering.’ Until I did: “Alexa, turn on Whisper Mode.”  Ahh….no more yelling.