Answered

Sonos One Alexa Music issue

• 28 December 2017
  • 1 reply

Sorry - new to forums and hoping someone has a definitive answer to what appears a common problem? My Sonos One was working fine, Alexa responding to basic music commands such as volume up / down, pause etc. Bought my kids Sonos One's for Christmas and all recognised by Alexa and linked to Amazon account. However all we get now from Alexa is "I can change the playback mode only when music is playing" even though it is playing !! Could have bought Play One's and saved myself a fortune as can only control music currently through App. Any help appreciated - love the sound quality but Alexa is rubbish
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 28 December 2017, 19:00

Hi Simon B

Have you selected Alexa App>Smart Home>Devices>Discover? If so, please select Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills>Sonos skill and select 'Disable' followed by 'Enable' and retest.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Simon B

Have you selected Alexa App>Smart Home>Devices>Discover? If so, please select Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills>Sonos skill and select 'Disable' followed by 'Enable' and retest.