Question

Sonos One Alexa is half baked - Smart Home doesn't work?

• 23 October 2017
  • 36 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I would agree with the original post. Sonos One, cannot find Nest thermostats, iHome smart plugs, Arlo pro cameras, the list goes on. I have tried manual discovery, as well as verbal. Alexa states there are no smart devices available.
I can "see" my new Sonos One in the Alexa app but cannot do much with it. I cannot change the wakey word etc. Sounds fantastic however! Just cannot yet replace a dot. I had the impression it would work simular to an Echo but have not figured it out yet in my first couple of hours of toying with it.
Not sure if this will help, but maybe remove the offline device from the Alexa app and then ‘discover’ your devices again. I had a similar situation and found the speaker had a different name to what I gave it.
Thank you. I will do so!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Ok, in that case, when you get back, I'd suggest discovering again and see if that does the trick. Tell Alexa to discover devices.

If that fails, can you send a new diagnostic?

I'd suggest at that point to give us a call on our support line.
Always offline unfortunately. FYI I’m travelling today so may not see response for a day or two. Much appreciate your help
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks, taking a look now. When you try to discover devices, does it show up briefly or is it always offline?
No joy - have submitted Diagnostic. Conf number 7993600. I've tried everything, even setting up as an entirely new system. It still shows as "offline" in the Alexa App and hence unable to use
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi JDW712, have you tried rebooting that Sonos One by unplugging the power for a few seconds? Also, try discovering devices on it. If that doesn't do the trick, can you submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?
ok Stu - I have the new Sonos One with Alexa. I've followed all the set up process.
In the Alexa App it shows my device as "offline" which is probably why I cannot control smart devices using Alexa.
I'm not sure what to do to get it to show up as Online (my echo dots are online).

Any ideas?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The Sonos:1 shouldn't have any effect on any existing smart devices.

And if you want a serious response you're going to have to make a bit more effort in describing your concerns more thoroughly rather than just saying "half-baked"