Sonos One Alexa delay.

• 5 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi,
I'm new to the community. Just bought an Sonos one and activated Alexa on it. But it seems to be a delay when I ask her to change volume. It takes about 2-4 sec before she changes the volume. I've tried to reset the sonos and reinstall it but no luck.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Found out that giving commands trough my echo do works. "Echo, volume 1 on sonos" and it changes immediately. So the problem seems to be on sonos end. I've checked my network and it seems fine. I can give commands to the echo without any delay.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
That has been my experience with the One and the Beam. It has to process your request and then take action.
That has been my experience with the One and the Beam. It has to process your request and then take action.

So I’m not the only one! I should add that I live in Sweden and I have had to change my location and language to US to make it work with Alexa. This works with the Amazon echo dot. No problem there, no lag no processing and then action after 6 seconds.

Are we the only ones?

Anyone at Sonos with a solutions?
Super frustrating! I've had the exact same problems. I did a hard, factory reset my Sonos Ones (I have 3), I disconnected the Sonos skill in Alexa, I did everything that folks have suggested and still no improvement. Basically ruins the experience of having the Sonos. Would rather have an Amazan Echo with a good speaker than the Sonos at this point.