Question

SONOS Move does not know where its geographically located

• 5 August 2020
  • 4 replies

If we ask Move what the weather like, it gives us data from our last residence 200 miles from our present location.  Help?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hi @georgem333.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I would be more than glad to assist you with this concern.

First off, kindly try to check on the Alexa  Settings that the device location is correctly set:

Alexa App>Settings>Device Settings>[Your Sonos Device] 

You may also refer to this article that provides steps to resolve issues with Alexa not following commands.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Annazel, thanks for the response. 

I have no App called Alexa.

When originally setting up the MOVE it knew where it was,(I didn't have to enter a location) now 160 miles away it thinks it’s still in the original location. When originally connected to SONOS it was added to another SONOS system that included Playabar, Play 1’s and a sub, so far I have not set up that part of the system.

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hi @georgem333.

Thanks for the response.

To better understand, what is the voice assistant service you are using with the Sonos Move to ask the weather?

Kindly please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number so I can take a look on your system.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Are you using Google Assistant instead of Alexa? Did you change your home address in your Google settings when you moved?