Answered

Sonos Move / Alexa / SiriusXM

• 28 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Not sure if this goes in here but I am having difficulty getting the SiriusXM skill to work on our new Sonos Move. If I start playing from the Sonos app, it works fine. Ask our Echo Dot or Sonos One, works fine.

When I ask our Move "Alexa, play Alt Nation on SiriusXM" I get the following response:

"To listen to Meghan's SiriusXM go to the Alexa app top enable the skill and link your account"

Where Meghan is my wife. The skill is enabled and I am signed into our SiriusXM account.

Not sure what is going on here, disabled and re-enabled the skill to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 6 October 2019, 20:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Not sure if this goes in here but I am having difficulty getting the SiriusXM skill to work on our new Sonos Move. If I start playing from the Sonos app, it works fine. Ask our Echo Dot or Sonos One, works fine.

When I ask our Move "Alexa, play Alt Nation on SiriusXM" I get the following response:

"To listen to Meghan's SiriusXM go to the Alexa app top enable the skill and link your account"

Where Meghan is my wife. The skill is enabled and I am signed into our SiriusXM account.

Not sure what is going on here, disabled and re-enabled the skill to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Having the exact same issue.
Userlevel 7
Hi @HarpuaFSB @VaxRocks

Sounds like Alexa isn’t recognizing your voice. This also assumes all devices are signed in/authorized under one account. In this instance it’s Megan’s .

Go to Alexa settings > Account settings > Recognized voices > Turn on Automatic Voice Recognition.

Let us know how things sort out. Cheers!
No joy I'm afraid. It was already on and there is only one voice on that so far, which is mine. But I did just figure it out. Tried saying "Alexa who I am" - she said she didn't know but I was in my wife account. Thus I said,''Alexa change account", she said said changed it - I tried SiriusXM again and success!!!

Hope it works for you, @HarpuaFSB
Userlevel 7
@VaxRocks

”...I was in my wife account. Thus I said,''Alexa change account", she said said changed it - I tried SiriusXM again and success!!!

It looks like I was right on one point. At the beginning I stated all was contingent upon all devices being authorized/signed-in I under the same account. You were in your wife’s account. Did I miss something? LOL

Glad things are working. Cheers!
ha! @AjTrek1

Actually your reply was the thing that helped me to track it down...so thank you!

I think the problem is actually with adding the SiriusXM. In the Sonos app, I removed the Alexa Service and re-added it. In adding via an Android phone there was a screen just before accepting the T&C's that said something like "Profile: " and I couldn't change it. Coupled with your reply above, I figured I'd ask Alexa is she'd change it - and it worked.

Anyway - sorry for the long reply, but I figured it might be some additional information to get to development.

Thanks again for the help!