Answered

Sonos/Echo Multiroom Audio

• 12 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Is there any chance that in the future Sonos speakers will be able to be added to Alexa's multi-room audio setup?

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 12 February 2020, 18:57

It’s within the realm of possibility, but Sonos has never hinted that it’s in their future plans, and there are business and technical reasons why it’s very unlikely to ever happen.  I wouldn’t make purchasing plans assuming it’ll happen.

View original

2 replies

It’s within the realm of possibility, but Sonos has never hinted that it’s in their future plans, and there are business and technical reasons why it’s very unlikely to ever happen.  I wouldn’t make purchasing plans assuming it’ll happen.

I'm very disappointend for this important miss in Sonos product.

I bought a Sonos beam, and I put it in my living room. I had Alexa stuff in my living room, so after I read Alexa support, I was happy to move my Alexa stuff in another room an put only the Beam in the living room. 

Then as usual I wanted to play music in all rooms and I was really surprised I could not.

I guess it is very unfair from Sonos to advertise “with Alexa built-in”!

This is a great miss and as it is a very pricy product it should specify that the Alexa support is just partial, clearly indicating what I'm going lo miss.

I'm sorry, but again, it is the first time for me in Sonos and I’m very disappointed about that.

Hope Sonos could do something better or introducing the missing feature or promoting their product saying “...with just partial Alexa support”