Question

Sonos/Echo integration - any news?

• 6 January 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge
I'm waiting for this integration to happen, so I can connect my lounge Play 1 pair to my kitchen echo which has output to a good quality speaker. Any news?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

What is known is the ability to sync Echo devices with 3rd party speakers will not be available until Amazon releases their AVS Multi-Room Music SDK, scheduled for early 2018. What is not known is whether Sonos can (or will) utilize this SDK.
I can easily imagine neither side being particularly keen. No idea what the full story is.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No it’s amazon side
Badge
I thought it was more to do with sonos releasing protocols to make this happen - issues such as syncing to be solved etc
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No. Amazon has not allowed the linking of Sonos with echo speakers into an amazon group. .
Badge
Hi Edward R, thanks for the reply, but I don't have a problem setting up my echo to voice command the pair of Play 1's. What I want to do is link the echo and speakers as a single group, so that I can play music through all 3 at the same time. This is because the echo is connected to a quality speaker/cd unit (I know!) in the kitchen. Will this ever be possible? Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, justinhavens999. Thanks for your post. This functionality is available. Please see here for more instructions. Let us know if you have any further questions.