Question

Sonos/Echo integration - any news?

• 6 January 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge
I'm waiting for this integration to happen, so I can connect my lounge Play 1 pair to my kitchen echo which has output to a good quality speaker. Any news?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, justinhavens999. Thanks for your post. This functionality is available. Please see here for more instructions. Let us know if you have any further questions.
Badge
Hi Edward R, thanks for the reply, but I don't have a problem setting up my echo to voice command the pair of Play 1's. What I want to do is link the echo and speakers as a single group, so that I can play music through all 3 at the same time. This is because the echo is connected to a quality speaker/cd unit (I know!) in the kitchen. Will this ever be possible? Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No. Amazon has not allowed the linking of Sonos with echo speakers into an amazon group. .
Badge
I thought it was more to do with sonos releasing protocols to make this happen - issues such as syncing to be solved etc
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No it’s amazon side
I can easily imagine neither side being particularly keen. No idea what the full story is.
What is known is the ability to sync Echo devices with 3rd party speakers will not be available until Amazon releases their AVS Multi-Room Music SDK, scheduled for early 2018. What is not known is whether Sonos can (or will) utilize this SDK.