Answered

Sonos constantly drops out - BBC Sounds and TuneIn via Alexa

• 9 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Have had Sonos one for over a year. It keeps cutting out such that we have given up using it.  We use Amazon Alexa. 

Diagnostic report 21005175

icon

Best answer by Simon B 14 January 2021, 17:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Sbs8dtj, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community, and thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking, it shows that it's only a controller diagnostic, So I can’t see the current status of the speakers, most likely, it’s not connected to the network. kindly unplug it from the power source for 1-2 minutes, and replug it back in, and try to resend a submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause. Thanks.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

Hi,

Many thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello there @Sbs8dtj, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking the diagnostic report. It shows all normal on your Sonos system. I’ll ask some questions to check further.

• When did it start happening?
  • Is it affecting all Music services? All songs or randomly happening?
  • Does it happen mostly when using Alexa or it doesn’t matter?
  • Have you tried to power cycle or unplug the speaker for 1-2 minutes from the power source? Because it shows on the previous attempt to send a diagnostic that it’s not connected properly to the network.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

• When did it start happening?

Two years ago when we got the Sonos one but seems to have got worse in last six months

• Is it affecting all Music services?

We use BbC sounds and tune in radio mostly but yes tends to be all things we use through Amazon

• All songs or randomly happening?

Random. We use radio mostly

• Does it happen mostly when using Alexa or it doesn’t matter?

Mostly when using Alexa

• Have you tried to power cycle or unplug the speaker for 1-2 minutes from the power source? Because it shows on the previous attempt to send a diagnostic that it’s not connected properly to the network.

Yes we have tried turning it off an on again. We have also tried changing where we keep it so it is nearer the router

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Sbs8dtj, thanks for the information that you gave and for doing some troubleshooting steps for the issue. Since the issue persists after doing troubleshooting steps, we’ll take it further. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They may require additional steps and give further options on this issue. 

Keep me in the know with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.