Sonos beam voice control not configuring

• 27 September 2018
  • 3 replies

I just purchased a beam and want to configure Alexa. When I push voice control in the sonos app to configure such functions i get a "configuration problem, check your internet connection and try again". What can I do to configure Alexa? Living in Sweden. I have entered my location in the sonos app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi maximus321

The Beam requires the included HDMI cable be connected to the HDMI-ARC port on your TV. If your TV does not have a HDMI-ARC port then you must use the included optical adapter. The downside is that using the optical adapter negates the use of voice control for your TV. Alexa in general should be available for supported Alexa commands. If this not the answer you were looking for please post back with more specifics.

PS.
The Sonos skill has to enabled in the Alexa app.

Cheers!
I have exactly the same problem. My beam is connected to TV via HDMI-ARC and works fine. But when I try to enter the voice control there is: "configuration problem, check your internet connection and try again". I tried to connect beam to the ethernet cable, but there is no difference. I can not find any solution on the web:/
Update: when I tried to enter voice control options yesterday new information appeared. It is said that this services are not available in my country. That is strange since Alexa is available in Poland as far as I know. Can someone explain this situation?