Question

Sonos Beam skips music

• 9 December 2019
  • 4 replies

So I have two Sonos Beams, a bedroom and a living room one. I use Amazon Prime Unlimited for my music playing. At first when I would ask Alexa to play music, it would do so with no issues whatsoever. But now, on either Beam, I’ll ask it to play a song and it will skip really badly. Like, the song will play for a quick second, utter silence for 10 seconds, then another quick second of the song. No exaggeration. I tried multiple fixes for this: restarting the router, unplugging and plugging the Beams back in, logging out of Alexa/Sonos/Prime and logging back in, uninstalling said apps, reconfiguring the router, switching to low quality audio streams. Nothing works. This is really frustrating. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Also, if it matters, I’m using Netgear Orbis for my router. I have one in the living room and one in the bedroom, so both Beams are literally right next to a router.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi kaguado17

Try wiring one of the Beams to the main node to establish the SonosNet. Unplug the other Beam, wait 30 seconds and plug it in again. Check the “About my System” in the Sonos app and make sure they both show WM:0 as the state. Now test your Sonos.

Hi kaguado17

Try wiring one of the Beams to the main node to establish the SonosNet. Unplug the other Beam, wait 30 seconds and plug it in again. Check the “About my System” in the Sonos app and make sure they both show WM:0 as the state. Now test your Sonos.

Is it as simple as just plugging in the ethernet? Would I need to mess around with any other settings? I wanna try this because you may be on to something; in the “About my System” it says WM:1.

Userlevel 7

Here's the step by step. With one additional  recommended step to remove the wi-fi password.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3209?language=en_US

Here's the step by step. With one additional  recommended step to remove the wi-fi password.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3209?language=en_US

So far so good! I’ll keep testing it out to make sure it’s not a fluke, but thanks for your help!