Answered

Sonos Beam Issue with LG Thin Q AI TV

• 21 November 2020
  • 2 replies

All, I got a new LG TV 65inch AI Thin Q 2020 and just connected my Sonos Beam speakers which worked well with an older version of LG TV we had. I am able to connect Sonos to TV using the app setup and simpInk is turned on. However, I don’t have any sound output from TV to Sonos speakers. I have followed all possible comments from the forum but without luck and it’s getting really frustrating. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening and what can I do to get the speakers working with my LG TV. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by JayCal836 25 November 2020, 07:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @JayCal836, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for bringing this concern to us, let me help you out.

First I'd like to ask questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. Is TV Autoplay disabled in the Sonos app? What happens when you enable it or vice versa?
Settings > System > [Home Theater Room] > TV Autoplay.
2. Did you turn off the TV speakers from your LG TV when you set up your Sonos Arc? You can check it on your TV settings.

Also, you may try to perform the troubleshooting steps below and see if it works for you.

1. Unplug the HDMI cable from the Sonos Beam and the LG TV. 
2. Unplug the power cable from your LG TV, the Sonos Beam, and any connected audio source (such as a cable box or video game console). Wait 30 seconds before you plug them back in.
3. Reconnect the HDMI cable to your LG TV and the Sonos Beam. Inspect the HDMI cable to ensure it’s not bent or kinked and check to see that it’s fully inserted into both devices.
4. Update the LG TV’s software (if available)
5. Adjust the group audio delay - Settings > System > Tap your Sonos Beam > Group Audio Delay and then choose a delay option.
6. Check for Sonos update - Settings > System > Check for updates.

Please run the TV playback for a few minutes then run a diagnostic. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information. If you have any questions about this, feel free to reach out. We and the community are always here to help.

Thanks Rowena. It works ok now. Had to swap the HDMI cable to a new one and that resolved the issue.