Answered

Sonos Beam, Alexa Surround Sound

• 28 March 2019
  • 2 replies

So I have a Sonos Beam with Alexa, as well as two Play Ones in my room for surround sound. Whenever I say Alexa, then a command, I only hear the voice out of the Beam. Is there anyway I can hear the voice out of all of the speakers?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 28 March 2019, 03:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

No, unfortunately not.
Userlevel 7
Hi Gordy_101

When using a Beam with Sonos One's as surrounds the Alexa feature is automatically disaengaed for the One's. This makes sense as the Beam has all the capabilities of the Sonos One's (and more) thus having their Alexa feature enabled would be redundant. Additionally, Airplay2 for the Sonos One's is negated as well because you cannot select them as independent speaker when used as surrounds. Again the Beam handles Airplay 2.

Options you have:

1. Return the Sonos One's and exchange them for Play 1's if still within the return window. The sound characteristics of the Play 1's are identical IMO although some with canine ears will disagree.:)
2. Purchase the Play 1's for surrounds, keep the Sonos One's and repurpose them elsewhere in your home. Once the Sonos One's are set as independent or stereo pair all native features are re-engaged.
3. Do nothing

I hope this helps. Cheers!